Monday, May 4, 2015

Have you tried it?

I know I've done a crunchy mama post in the past and some of these might be repeats but as I go through my days here in the home I'm finding myself constantly thankful for a specific set of products I could not live without. First world problems right?
This one is brand new to our home and I'm so excited about it. I've always bought cheap laundry detergent because soap is soap. I've even made my own before and thought they all did the job. That is until I had to research detergents safe for cloth diapers. It's important the detergent not have fillers that will effect the absorbency of your diapers. 
This one was just added to the approved list so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's about double what I would typically spend ($9) but if I'm only using it on diapers it will last a long time. Holy freaking smokes!! My diapers look and smell amazing. So much so that I couldn't help but try it on our clothes. I cannot believe the difference. I'm a forever customer! Yep, it gets me excited about doing wash. 
This next one has also been life changing for me. I don't do well on little sleep and I'm not a huge fan of the kind of wake up coffee gives me. It was always temporary and a big crash generally followed. Enter Spark. 
I first tried it in Advocare's 24 day challenge and have been buying it ever since. It's flavors are refreshing especially in summer and it gives me a nice morning perk following by balanced energy and mental clarity all day. This is reflected in the current organized state of our home 😊
These next products I stumbled upon accidently while trying to help a family friend start her new business venture. They are green products safe for your kiddos and pets. They also get pretty much any spot, stain, smudge etc clean with little effort. 
Food stains that have sat in my hamper are no match for Prespot. It's quite possibly liquid gold. Sol-U-Mel goes in tough laundry loads, Sol-U-Guard sanitizes our kiddos toys and high chair surfaces and Tough and Tender is our go-to all purpose cleaner. 
As long as I'm talking about cleaning I have to mention this one as well!
This is the ONLY cleaner I have found that gets the baked on, over boil off the glass cooktop. 
Had I done this a week ago id have a better before picture. But here's that one stubborn brown crusty spot my liquid cleaner won't touch. 
Completely gone. And the only ingredients in this cleaning paste: marble flour, natural soap and coconut oil. It works great to clean grout as well. 
The next two kind of work hand in hand. 
Coconut oil we use for everything in our house. But this specific jar never leaves the bathroom. 
Why you ask? Because when mixed with essential oils you can remedy just about anything. 
We have made a toothpaste/ teething salve for Lucas. A moisturizer and acne treatment/prevention for us adults. We have sleepy time mixtures. Mixtures for aches and pains. You name it. Oils have had a bigger impact on our daily life than I ever imagined. 
Last but certainly not least is this fancy contraption. I'm so so so in love with it's convenience. I know baby led weaning is the new rage but purées help to track allergies a little better for us and after Luke you can never be too careful. 
After I purée the fruits and veggies this neato machine puts it all into pouches that I can freeze or take with us easily with no mess! 
This too is addicting. Once I get started I can't stop lol.
If you think you want to try any of these things and aren't sure where to start message me! I know a lot of them are from subscriber services but don't let that scare you. For many of them I can help get you a sample order to see what you think before commiting and you can even get friends of family to share memberships. 
I wouldn't plug these products if I didn't think they were worth sharing. Us moms have to stick together and when you have littles who doesn't want life to be a little simpler? 

No comments:

Post a Comment