The next two items checked off the list are things that are not an adoption prerequisite but more a neurotic house wife's desire to have everything just so. About 4 years ago I purchased some wall decor from a company called UpperCase Living. And they stayed in the package until yesterday. Here is a picture of the first one. Boy was this guy a beast to put up straight!
This last one I bought with our guest room in mind but when we suddenly had this HUGE empty wall in the living room that I wanted filled before Marcy's visit so I decided what the heck. Worst case we take it down, no harm done. So I put it up and please feel free to let me know what you think. The jury is still out in our house as to whether it's found it's permanent home. I can tell you our 14 year old dog sitter is a BIG fan. She told us she just kept staring at it for like 5 minutes when she first came in to let the dogs out. And because kids say the darnedest things she followed it up with "boy do we need to do some home improvement projects at my house". That girl cracks me up.
Don't mind Sprocket taking his afternoon nap on the back of the sofa. So that's about all the boring news I can think to report. Another big thank you to everyone following the blog and keeping us in your prayers. Please keep them coming. I can assure you we appreciate each and every one.
Oh and I almost forgot to mention the best part lol. Every time I walk past the living room I do an instant double take thinking there are giant bugs on the wall. I supposed it's going to take some getting used to. Similar to when us ladies get a drastic haircut or dye job and you freak out for a quick second each time you pass a mirror. If you have ever done this I imagine you are chuckling to yourself right now. Makes for a great laugh once you get yourself together.
No comments:
Post a Comment