We have been struggling with sleep at night lately and after having his ears checked, his body adjusted, teething tablets, etc we aren't real sure what to do other than just be there for him.
But as many of you know parents need sleep too and you can only spend so many hours hunched over a crib giving back rubs without single handedly putting the children of your chiropractor through college.
So last night we compromised ...
He can't come in bed with us because our bed is too high off the ground and he moves Iike crazy in his sleep. Sleeping in our bed is also a habit we don't want to create.
I placed him next to me on the air mattress and hoped he would settle in. I generally can't sleep with anyone touching me so when I thought he was asleep I started to roll away.
Never opening his eyes he grabbed my shirt in the front and pulled me back. He then wrapped his arm around to the back of my neck, pulled my face until we were touching nose to nose and held me there until he was sound asleep and snoring.
MY. HEART. BURST.
Tears streamed down my face and I could not believe how adoption has forever changed my life.
I am still on cloud 9 this morning.

Awe! He loves his mama :)
ReplyDeleteThat made me tear up while eating my lunch. There's so much love in your house, and he just proved it to you in spades. Nothing is as good as a momma when you're feeling yucky.
ReplyDelete