Friday, June 13, 2014

Brave Love

Our miracle turns one in two days.
I am so emotional and trying hard to wrap my head around it.
While out running errands today picking up random items for his party tomorrow I saw his birth mother.
I did not approach her as we have had little contact by her choosing and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.  But I love her so much.  I just stood for a moment and admired the beauty of it all.  I reflected on our last emotional exchange the day she voluntarily terminated her rights so that Lucas could be ours forever.  I so wish I could have hugged her today like I did that day.  Instead I walked to my car bursting with love.  And this was playing on the radio when I got in.
I cannot even tell you.  I cried ... hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment