"Hi Amanda, this is Dr. Schell (my OBGYN/RE). Are you ready?"
A little confused and kind of expecting her to ask me to write down some new instructions for making me feel better I said "yes ..." The words that followed changed our lives forever.
"I just delivered a beautiful baby boy via c-section and the mother wants nothing to do with keeping him, how fast can you get to the hospital?"
WHAT?!
She continued with all the details but I was still stuck somewhere between her first sentence and how am I going to tell my husband he's getting a son for Father's Day?!
We went to the hospital the next morning and met with the birth mother and everything was a go. We could not believe it. After telling our parents they were getting a grandchild for Father's Day we spent the remainder of the day pinching ourselves. Could this really be happening????!
Monday afternoon we got to meet our son and spent as much time as we could in the NICU with him until he was released to us today.
Meet Lucas Robert born June 15, 2013 at 7lbs 15oz and 21.5 inches long. He is perfect and we are SO in love. I could write forever but for now I have a son who needs some mommy snuggles :)
So happy for you!!! Absolutely amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I'm so happy for you guys <3 God is SO good!
ReplyDeleteWhat a miracle. How amazing. So happy for u guys.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing woman to do such a selfless act. I'm sure it was hard but she just gave her son the best life possible. I would tell you to enjoy him but I know you already do. Thank god for miracles! Keep the updates coming!
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful and is lucky to have such wonderful parents :-) very happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteGod is amazing! I'm crying... happy tears! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteGod is soo Good! Love this! Congratulations on your little miracle!
ReplyDeleteafter reading this entire blog, i realized i was holding my breath. this post made me cry, laugh out loud, and i finally stopped holding my breath...God is good. And you are patient. Thank you for being such a great person, I wish I had the pleasure of meeting you <3
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS!!! what an amazing story!! that's just about the best phone call you've ever received!! What a sweet blessing!! congrats on your sweet boy! He is so so precious!!
ReplyDelete